Consular, Passport and Visa Division

Whereabouts Unknown

Q: My relative went abroad to work. Till a few weeks ago, he/she was regularly in touch with us. Suddenly, the calls stopped and we have not been able to reach him/her. We are worried about his/her well-being and whereabouts. Whom should I get in touch with for assistance?

You can get in touch with the Indian Embassy/Consulate concerned or register your grievance on the MADAD Portal website that opens in a new window. You can also call the Overseas Workers Resource Centre (OWRC) for assistance. You will need to provide details of your relative’s Indian passport, visa, sponsor/employer’s name and contact details, and the name and contact details of your Recruiting Agent (if applicable).Our Embassy/Consulate will approach the local police/government authorities and try to get some details about your relative. The Office of the Protector General of Emigrants will also approach the sponsor/employer through your Recruiting Agent, to try and get more details.