President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu will pay a State Visit to the Republic of Suriname and the Republic of Serbia from 04-09 June 2023.
2. President will be visiting Paramaribo, Suriname on 04-06 June 2023 at the invitation of H.E. Mr. Chandrikapersad Santokhi, President of the Republic of Suriname. President will be the Chief Guest of the celebrations organized on 5 June 2023 in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of arrival of Indians in Suriname.
3. President will hold bilateral talks with President Santokhi. She will also visit places of historical and cultural importance and interact with the members of Indian community and diaspora.
4. On the second leg of her visit, President Smt. Droupadi Murmu, will pay a State Visit to the Republic of Serbia on 07-09 June 2023, at the invitation of H.E. Mr Aleksandar Vučić, President of Serbia.
5. During the visit, President will have a bilateral meeting with President Vučić, and meet the Prime Minister, H.E. Ms Ana Brnabić, and Speaker of the National Assembly, H.E. Mr Vladimir Orlic. President will also address a business event and interact with the Indian community and friends of India.
6. President Smt. Murmu’s visit to Suriname marks as her first State Visit since assuming the office of the President last year. The visit of the President to Suriname, following closely the visit of President Santokhi to India in January 2023, will provide further impetus to the ongoing momentum in bilateral relations.
7. President’s State Visit to Serbia is the first-ever visit by a Head of State from either side and reflects India’s commitment to further strengthen bilateral trade and economic, cultural and people-to-people ties.
May 29, 2023