Consular, Passport and Visa Division

Medical Treatment Abroad

Q: I intend to go abroad for medical treatment What do I need to do for this purpose?
Does the Ministry of External Affairs provide any financial assistance for this purpose?

You have to apply for the Medical visa at concerned foreign Embassy/ Consulate located in India for the purpose of medical treatment abroad. Usually, you have to produce supporting documents while applying for a Medical visa. The procedure and the documents required may differ from country to country. Therefore you should check the details with the concerned foreign diplomatic mission.

MEA has no scheme for providing financial assistance for such cases.