Australia-India infrastructure network meeting, Celebration of Holi festival , Bihar Diwas and Statehood Day of Haryana celebrations organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Sydney (March 2021)
i) Launching of India@75 celebrations with a 'Australia-India infrastructure network meeting. ii) HC's Interaction with wider Indian-Australian Community on celebrating 'Azadi ka Amritmahotsav'. iii) ''Release of Special Newsletter 'India Connect', by CGI. iv) Celebration Holi with Indian Community v) Celebration of Bihar Diwas vi) Celebration of Statehood Day of Haryana.
Inauguration of Photo Gallery of Indian Freedom Fighters (16th April 2021)
High Commission of India in Canberra launched the India@75 celebrations with the inauguration of Photo Gallery of Indian Freedom Fighters on 16th April 2021. The Photos of 24 freedom fighters incuding Subhash Chandra Bose, Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Dadabhai Naoroji, Rani Gaidinliu, Madam Bhikaji Cama, Tirupur Kumaran were showcased in the Gallery. A presentation on their work and contribution towards Indian struggle was presented on the day. Nearly 35 prominent members of Indian diaspora organisations, were invited in the inauguration ceremony. The event was covered by prominent local radio channel SBS Radio.
High Commission of India and Indian School of Business co-present Talent and Innovation round table (30th July)
High Commission of India in Canberra and Indian School of Business co-presented a virtual Talent and Innovation round table on 30th July 2021 to showcase India’s talent and its role in innovation in past 75 years of India’s Independence.
Photo Gallery on Indian Freedom Fighters and Online Quiz program organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by HCI, Canberra (April 2021)
1. High Commission of India in Canberra launched the India@75 celebrations with the inauguration of Photo Gallery of Indian Freedom Fighters on 16th April 2021. The Photos of 24 freedom fighters including Subhash Chandra Bose, Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Dadabhai Naoroji, Rani Gaidinliu, Madam Bhikaji Cama, Tirupur Kumaran were showcased in the Gallery. A presentation on their work and contribution towards Indian struggle was presented on the day. The photo exhibition was kept open for all between 0300 to 0500 pm till 30th April, 2021 at chancery. 2. Online Quiz program on India@75 Mission is organising a series of monthly online quiz contest on topics related to Indian Culture, Art, History, prominent personalities, achievements, etc. through its social media platforms (Face book & Twitter) starting 01.04.2021. The quiz consists of 10 questions related to various aspects of India (culture, sports, cinema, education, science, tourism etc). The first round quiz link was shared on 1st April.
Holi and Vaisakhi Festival celebrations and Literary Events organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Melbourne (April 2021)
1. Holi 2021 celebrations by Hindi Niketan on April 05, 2021 2. Vaisakhi Festival celebration by OESS Incorporated on 17th April 3. Visit to Sri Guru Nanak Durbar Officer 4. Hindu Nav Varsh Festival celebration by Vedic Global Limited at Deanside, Victoria on April 13 5. Awards celebrations to felicitate students studying Hindi in VCE 17 April, 2021 6. Celebration of Gangaur festival by Rajasthani Kutumb of Victoria (RAJKOV) on 18 April, 2021 7. Vasantotsavam celebrating Holi and Telgu New Year on 17 April, 2021 8. Meeting with Community at Gurudwara Sahib Shepparton and discussing India@75 celebrations-14th April 2021 9. 'Sahitya Sandhya with local poets and writers on 24th April 2021
Webinars on Yoga and Online quiz related to Indian Culture organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by HCI, Canberra (May 2021)
1. Online webinars on Promotion of Yoga & benefits of Yoga High Commission of India in Canberra in association with Integrated Cultures ACT Inc. & Integrated Women’s Network is organizing an online webinar on exploring the fundamentals of health with a powerful Yogic practice and meditation by Yogic experts every Saturday. So far, four online webinars through renowned Yoga teachers have been conducted on 8th May 2021, 15th May, 22nd May & 29th May 2021. On 8th May 2021, Mr. Alan Goode, a renowned Yoga expert and speaker from Yoga Australia spoke about ‘Yoga in Modern world’. He started the webinar by addressing the birthplace of Yoga and finished with the evolving state of Yoga and how its benefiting people around the world. On 15th May 2021, Ms. Elena Amani, Posture Expert, Founder & Director of Yoga for Posture spoke about different forms of Yoga asanas helping to cure different body ailments. On 22nd May 2021, Ms. Radhika Gupta Poria, Hatha Yoga Teacher & Mindfulness consultant covered 5 points of Yoga – Exercise, Breathing, Relaxation, Diet & Meditation. On 29th May 2021, Mr. Vijay Arora, Senior Member of Yoga Australia and prominent Yoga teacher in Canberra spoke about Corpulence of Yoga and Ayurveda (Understand Yoga & Ayurveda integration). 2. Online Quiz program on India@75- An Online quiz contest on topics related to Indian Culture, Art, History, prominent personalities, achievements, etc. was organised in month of May, where the link to Quiz participation were publicized on social media accounts of the Mission to encourage wider participation and develop interests in the knowledge of India and its actions in 75 years after Independence. The Quiz Participation was open for more than 3 weeks and the quiz was closed on 31st May 2021.
Community Interaction, Cultural Events organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Sydney May(2021)
1. CGI, Sydney conducted a Community interaction on 12 May 2021, at the Consulate premises, on the latest developments of COVID-19 pandemic in India. 2. CGI, Sydney partnered with Gandhi Creations in holding enriching Panel Discussions on various themes, on the sidelines of India-Australia Business Community Awards-2021 on 14 May 2021. The IABCA-2021 showcased rich contributions of Indian-Australian community. 3. CGI, Sydney participated in Vaisakhi Celebrations on 23 May 2021 organised by National Sikh Council of Australia.
Maharashtra Day Celebration; Cultural and Literary Events; Health and Wellness Activity and Festival Celebrations organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Melbourne ( May 2021)
1. Celebration of 'Maharashtra Day' in collaboration with Maharashtra Organization Australia Inc.-1st May 2021 2. Celebrating Hindu New Year in collaboration with Sankat Mochan Samiti-8th May 2021 3. Online Kavi Goshti to celebrate Mother India in collaboration with Sahitya Sandhya-15th May 2021 4. To mark the start of IDY 2021 activities, Precursor To International day of Yoga -21st May 2021 5. Celebrations of Eid-ul-Fitr with Dawoodi Bohra Community-23rd May 2021
International Day of yoga celebrations, Cultural Event and Business event organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Melbourne (June 19-29, 2021)
1. International day of Yoga main event – online; 2. Kavi Goshti in association with Sahitya Sandhya on the topic-‘Desh mein nikla hoga chand’- Online event; 3. International Day of yoga and India’s solidarity Vigil - Online event; 4. Celebrating World Music day-Tabla performance by Nilimesh Chakraborty- Online event; 5. Yoga for kids-online; 6. Hybrid interactive event for ‘overseas opportunities for Indian Chartered Accountants.
Various Yoga events organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Sydney (June 03-21, 2021
1. CGI Sydney conducted an interactive session for international students at the Consulate premises in collaboration with AISECS and Study NSW; 2. Yoga and meditation for boosting immunity-Second Curtain Raiser for IDY 2021 celebrations was organized by SVCC, CGI Sydney at the Consulate premises ; 3.Yoga for Unity and Well-Being –Meditation and Relaxation for Physical and Mental well-being- Third Curtain Raiser celebration for IDY 2021 was held at Consulate ; 4. Fourth Curtain Raiser for IDY 2021 was held at the Consulate with the topic ‘Yoga for Stress Management’-Explore Hatha Yoga, breathing techniques and more; 5. CGI Sydney celebrated International Day of Yoga 2021 in association with SRMD Australia at Bradfield Park in the backdrop of iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge Sydney; 6. International Day of Yoga celebrations was conducted in association with Art of Living Australia in Adelaide, South Australia; 7. International Day of Yoga 2021 was celebrated at the Consulate premises with Consular Corps and representatives from academia and culture in NSW.
International Day of Yoga celebrations organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by CGI, Perth (June 10-30, 2021)
1. Yogasana video uploading contest on social media; 2. IDY at the Government House of Western Australia; 3. IDY in collaboration with Indian Society of Western Australia, IDY in collaboration with ISHA Foundation, IDY in collaboration with JET Australia Foundation; 4. IDY in collaboration with Hindu Council of Australia; IDY in collaboration with Mid-West Indian Cultural Society, IDY in collaboration with Saraswati Mahavidaylaya, Kalolsavam celebrations by Malyalee Association of Western Australia; 5. IDY in collaboration with Vishwa Hindu Parishad, IDY in collaboration with South West Indian Group Bunbury, IDY in collaboration with Art of Living; 6. India@Mindil Celebrations in Darwin; 7. IDY in collaboration with Indian Cultural Society in Darwin; 8. Launch of the 28th Belmont & WA Small Business Awards with sponsoring Fashion Industry Award on behalf of Consulate (Celebrating India@75) and Apparel Export Promotion Council of India.
Online quiz contest,online webinar on Yoga and various events on IDY Celebrations organised during Amrit Mahotsav Celebrations by HCI Canberra (June 2021)
1. Online quiz contest to increase the community engagement and raise awareness about Yoga. The online quiz contest was announced in May 2021 and promoted aggressively for encouraging community members to participate. The quiz contest was published through social media on 1st June 2021 and concluded on the day of IDY2021 - 21st June 2021.The winners of the quiz competition were declared through social media platform and have received exciting prizes with winner certificates. 2. High Commission of India in Canberra in association with Integrated Cultures ACT Inc. & Integrated Women’s Network organised an online webinar on exploring the fundamentals of health with a powerful Yogic practice and meditation by Yogic experts every Saturday. 3. -Ms. Eliane (Eli) Haski - Therapeutic Yoga Teacher & Director of Canberra Yoga Space spoke about Managing Chronic conditions with Yoga'. 4. -Ms.Elena Amani -Founder & Director of Yoga for Posture spoke about 'Yoga for Face, greater confidence'. 5.- Mr. Alan Goode - Director of Yoga Mandir, Canberra spoke on 'Yoga Marga: The role of practice in the path of Yoga. 6. Mission in association with Divya Jyoti Jagrati Sansthan - DJJS Australia organised Free Yoga session to mark International Day of Yoga 2021 at Calamvale District Park, Formby street, Calamvale – QLD. 7. -Mission in association with GOPIO Gold Coast organized a Yoga session to mark International Day of Yoga 2021 at Sea World Resort - Conference Centre Goldcoast, QLD. 8. Mission in association with Isha Foundation organized Yoga webinar talks by yoga experts from 19th June 2021 till 26th June 2021 to mark International Day of Yoga 2021. 9. On 19th June 2021, Mission in association with Institute for Australia India Engagement & Fight4Balance organised a yoga session at Yeronga Park Pool, 55 School Road, Yeronga QLD. 10. Mission organised a Yoga session at Weston community hub, Canberra to mark the 7th International Day of Yoga. The Yoga session was well attended by more than 150 yoga enthusiasts, local community and Indian diaspora members. Yoga experts from leading institution ‘Yoga Australia’ conducted the one hour yoga session. The event was live streamed on social media platforms for further outreach. On this occasion, High Commissioner also shared a video message on IDY celebrations in Australia which was telecast on DD news. 11.Mission in association with Federation of Indian Communities of Queensland (FICQ) organized Yoga session to mark 7th International Day of Yoga 2021 at Indooroorpilly State High School, Indooroorpilly, QLD. 12. Mission in association with the Art of Living organized Free Yoga and Meditation session at ACT Legislative Assembly, Canberra ACT. 13. Mission organised a Yoga session by renowned Yoga instructor for kids, Ms. Suzanna Thell for Young minds at Deakin Early Childhood centre. The yoga kids enjoyed the session performing some surya namaskar asanas and meditation relaxation. 14. Mission in association with Aeon academy organized a Yoga session for ACT Primary School kids at Yarralumla Primary School by renowned Yoga expert Ms. Robyn Lewis (Yoga for School kids expert) 15. Mission in association with Vasudev Kriya Yoga organised Yoga session at ACT Federal Parliament House to mark International Day of Yoga 2021 VVIP HON. JASON WOOD – FEDERAL MEMBER
Webinar to mark the Hindi Diwas (14th Sep 2021)
As part of celebrations of Hindi Diwas 2021 and Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the High Commission of India, Canberra organized an online webinar on 14th September 2021. The topic of the webinar was “75 years of India's Independence and Hindi in Australia”. The eminent speakers of the event were Ms. Rekha Rajvanshi, renowned Hindi Writer, Poet & Literature scholar from Sydney-NSW, Dr. Peter Friedlander, Associate-Professor: Reader in Hindi, College of Asia & the Pacific – Australian National University, Canberra - ACT, Ms. Soma Nair, Hindi Writer, Poet and Literature scholar from Brisbane, QLD & Mr. Santosh Gupta - Founder & Coordinator of Canberra Hindi School from Canberra, ACT.
Hindi Diwas celebrations in Brisbane (14th Sep 2021)
As part of celebrations of Hindi Diwas celebrations, Honorary consulate in Brisbane organised celebrations in the premises in Brisbane. On this occasion, a talk was organised where several speakers shared their thoughts and experience on Hindi and its role in connecting the diaspora abroad with India. Two kids from Brisbane – Anaisha and Zaisha Chakrobarty render a beautiful song in Hindi.
Illumination of Iconic buildings in Canberra and Queensland (15th August 2021)
5 iconic places in ACT and 2 in Queensland were illuminated to mark India AT 75 - National Carillon, Telstra Tower, Malcolm Fraser Bridge, Canberra Times Fountain, Light rail, Victoria Bridge, Brisbane City Hall