Consular, Passport and Visa Division

Foreign Visa Related Matters

Q: I want to go to Saudi Arabia (or UAE/ Oman/ Kuwait/ Bahrain/ Qatar etc.) for work. How can I get a visa for that country?

You can approach the Embassy or Consulate of that country, or check their websites for the relevant information. You can also approach the Overseas Workers Resource Centre (OWRC), which has been operational since 2008 and provides information to intending migrants and overseas workers on all aspects of overseas employment including requirements to obtain a legitimate work permit/visa for employment abroad. A multi-lingual 24 × 7 toll-free helpline is operated by the Centre to disseminate information and provide counselling on issues related to overseas employment.Five Migrant Resource Centres have been set up in Kochi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Chennai and Lucknow to provide information and counselling for intending migrants on all aspects related to overseas employment. Functions of MRCs include informing walk-in applicants about procedure for legal migration and precautions to be taken while migrating; dissemination of status of Recruiting Agents and other service providers; kinds of difficulties that can be faced abroad by potential migrants etc. The OWRC is linked to the Migrant Resource Centres (MRCs).