Consular Services

Central Authority in India for Mutual Legal Assistance Requests in Criminal Matters

As per Allocation of Business Rules of the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs is the nodal Ministry and the Central authority for seeking and providing mutual legal assistance in criminal law matters. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) receives all such requests, examines them and takes appropriate action. (Internal Security-II (IS-II) Division handles this subject in the Ministry of Home Affairs). Their address is Under Secretary, IS-II Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, Major Dhyan Chand Stadium, Near India Gate, New Delhi - 110001.